This tutorial will assist in setting up the downloaded design files, allowing you to follow along with the OrCAD Capture Walk-through video series.
- Download the zipped practice files.
- Save the file to your computer and open.
Note: Included in the zipped file is a starting design file for every tutorial (beginning with Capture Walk-through 2: Creating Parts), a completed design, a Smart PDF of the completed design, two schematic library files and PCB footprints and padstacks.
- Copy (CTRL+C) the CAPTURE TUTORIAL2.OLB library file.
- Paste (CTRL+V) the library into the standard OrCAD Capture Library location:
- Open the PCB Footprints folder.
- Select All contents in the folder and Copy (CTRL+C).
- Paste (CTRL+V) the files into the standard OrCAD PCB Footprint and Padstacks library location: