This tutorial demonstrates the “Save As” and “Archive” features in version 17.4 (2021). After you complete this tutorial, you will be able to:
- Use the Save As functionality
- Archive a PSpice project
To follow along, continue working with the design completed in PSpice Walk-through 7 or open the provided design file, PSpice Walk-through 8_Save As and Archive.
1. In the Project Hierarchy, select Design Resources.
2. Select File > Save Project As from the menu.
3. Browse and select a new Destination Directory.
Note: This cannot be within your old project folder.
4. Enter a Name for your project.
Note: The settings area of the dialog provides additional options: rename your DSN to match your project and to copy all referred files that are either within or out of the project folder.
5. Select OK.
Note: Creating a new project enables you to preserve the original project while you continue to update your new project.
6. Select File > Archive Project from the menu.
Note: This selection compresses all the PSpice files into one convenient zip file. This enables you to easily share your schematics and simulation files with colleagues.
7. Use the check boxes presented in this dialog to select the type of files you want to include in your zip file.
8. Browse to select a directory location where you want to archive the zip file.
9. Select OK.