This OrCAD Capture tutorial demonstrates how you can annotate your design. After you complete the tutorial you will be able to:
- Edit reference designator text
- Automatically update schematic annotation
If you would like to follow along with this tutorial, you can visit our walk-through page to view video tutorials and download design files. To follow along with this tutorial, continue with your design from Capture Walk-through 6 or use the design file, CAPTURE TUTORIAL 7_ANNOTATING.DSN.
- Double click on the D? text of the LED component.
- Change the value to MAIN_PWR and click OK.
- Double click on the IC? text associated with component LT1965EMS8E-1.5PBF.
- Change the value to U1 and click OK.
- In the project hierarchy, select the design file.
- Select Tools > Annotate from the menu.
Note: There are multiple options to annotate a selection or your entire design:
- Select Incremental reference update to annotate only components with question marks in the name.
- Select the Unconditional reference update to re-annotates all components. Use this option if it is specific names are not required for components.
- Select Reset part references to “?” to reset all reference designators to question marks.
- Select Update Entire Design and Incremental reference update.
- Click OK.